How to get started?
- Do your research!!!
- Before adopting and placing a deposit for a Mini Piglet, we would like you to have done appropriate research and have read through the Three Little Pigs website thoroughly
- Check Local Bylaws
- Please check your local bylaws to make sure you are allowed to keep a mini pig at your home or that you can get permission. This should not be overlooked!
- Tell us about yourself!
- Place Deposit/Sign Adoption Agreement
- To secure a spot for a piglet on our waitlist, there will be a $100 deposit. This wait list deposit IS REFUNDABLE if you choose you would like to be removed. To secure a selected piglet, there will be an additional non-refundable deposit of $400. Selection of piglets will be in order of deposits taken. The remainder of the payment must be made in full by the time the piglet is 7 weeks of age or at time of pickup/shipment. ONCE PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE (with exception of the initial $100 deposit) NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE!
- Please read and sign “Adoption Agreement” and send back to us.
- See your Mini Pig grow!
- We keep our Facebook page and website updated regularity, so check in to see updates of your little one!
- Arrange pickup/ shipment of your piglet We do hope to meet you in person for pickups if possible! However we do understand that this isn't always doable!
- If you live farther away in Canada we can send your piglet by plane via Air Canada or WestJet. The cost is $295 to ship your piglet anywhere in Canada.
- Additionally, ground shipment may be available on a case-by-case basis within Ontario and Quebec. Generally the cost of ground shipment is $80/100 km. These ground deliveries are done personally by Three Little Pigs!
Finally, welcome your new precious addition home!
what's included with your piglet
SPAY/ NEUTER ( CERTIFICATE INCLUDED)
FULL VET CHECK
FIRST TWO RUNDS OF DE-WORMING TREATMENTS
PRE-REGISTRATION WITH THE AMERICAN MINI PIG ASSOCIATION
CARE PACKAGE INCLUDING- CUSTOM MADE PIG HARNESS, BLANKET, PIG TOY, STARTER BAG OF FOOD PELLETS
COMPLETE CARE MANUAL ( EMAILED)
A YEAR HEALTH GUARANTEE
A LIFETIME OF SUPPORT!
The price of our mini pigs is $1300, please see the breakdown below
1. Initial Wait list Deposit- $100 ( refundable if you would like to be removed from wait list. Please see our Payment Policies for more detailed information). We serve our customers in the order deposits are received. Deposits are good for any litter depending on where you are in the waiting list.
2. Piglet Deposit- $400 ( this secures a specific piglet for you at time of piglet selection)
3. Final Payment at time of pickup/ shipment- $800
4. SHIPPING (IF NEEDED)- If you live farther away in Canada we are happy to send your piglet to you by plane via Air Canada or WestJet. This cost is $295 to ship your piglet anywhere in Canada. ( contact us or see above for more information on shipping your little one!)
**NOTE** ONCE PAYMENTS HAVE BEEN MADE (with exception of the initial $100 deposit) NO REFUNDS WILL BE MADE!
Although Mini Pigs seem like a costly pet to invest in, they are a pet that you will have for years to come. And best of all, they only cost pennies a day to keep! They eat mini pig food, which is not expensive at all, and love to snack on over-ripe fruits and veggies and graze on grass. They rarely suffer from health issues, keeping vet bills to a minimum. So although the initial investment may be hard to swallow, you can rest assured that the costs are minimal once you have your piggie home.
We have limited number of Mini pigs for sale every year, so if you are set on owning one, it is a good idea to get onto our waiting list because we cannot predict what demand will be like at the time of availability.
We cannot guarantee a piglet's size, color or eye color 100%. The best we can do is estimate what the probable factors will be for each breeding, as genetics are tricky and every pig is different. Piglets are not available to be chosen until they are 2-3 weeks old as this allows us time to see how they're growing and assure good health. We will send you updated pictures of our piglets and you can decide based on the picture, or you may visit them at our farm :)
Our sought after minis are priced at $1300. This INCLUDES SPAY/NEUTER*
That being said, the cost is still higher than many other pets because a lot more goes into breeding mini pigs than breeding cats or dogs. A reputable breeder will place a great deal of time, effort and money into their pigs to ensure you get the best pet mini pig possible. We spend hours each day socializing and training all of our animals. Adopting from Three Little Pigs will ensure that you receive a piglet that is sweet, loving and well socialized providing you with a clean slate to raise a successful pet.
Other than the time demanded by mini pet piglets, it’s important to acknowledge that breeding stock for mini pet pigs is very costly. There are many opportunistic people that obtain piglets that they breed without any knowledge of the pigs final size, parents size, inbreeding, temperament, health, etc. ALL PIGLETS are cute, but many grow to be extremely large and stem from a line that has an aggressive temperament as they are primarily used for livestock or reside on farms. For an indoor PET, it is important that buyers question any pigs being sold under $1000.